6. Discipline, Consequences, & Restitution
- Describe a time when you were punished-
- What was that experience like for you? Your thoughts, feelings? How did this effect you? Did your behavior change? Why? In what ways?
- What was your take away from that experience?
- What consequences or restitution would have been more effective?
- Share an example of a family stuck in a cycle of misbehavior and punishment.
- What patterns are evident?
- What are the effects on the child(ren)? On the parents?
- Utilizing principles discussed throughout the classes, how would you coach, educate, guide this family for change?
- Describe a time when you solved your child’s problem. What message did you send your child by doing so?
- Apply the 5 step problem solving process to this situation. How does this change the outcome? The messages being sent?
This is the end of the Parent-Family Coach Training